. . . clucking cool designs that chicks dig . . .

Friday, April 29, 2011

Fowl By Design!

I've decided to start a little side business (along with the rest of the world). It's a line of designs some would describe as, "quirky", others, "eggcellent". For me, creating them has been amusing and delightful.

It all started when my brother and sister-in-law got some chickens. I thought they were hilarious, with all their pecking and scratching. We had quite a lot of fun with chicken puns, which lead me to create images to go along with them.

I made the chicken portraits for fun, and soon was wondering what I should do them. I decided I'd learn how to silkscreen, which I am in the process of doing. It's a lot of fun, and work, but I'm getting the hang of it.

I'm also setting up an Etsy site (along with the rest of the world), and will get it up and running once my silkscreening skills improve. In the meantime, the chicken idea's keep hatching! I'm posting them in hopes of getting some feedback. I might just be out of my clucking mind!

Here's the logo idea and shop name:


No comments:

Post a Comment